- Creator: Manuel Freire email , Ángel Serrano Laguna , Iván Martínez-Ortiz email , Dan Christian Rotaru , Antonio Calvo Morata
- Publisher: Rage project
- Owner: e-UCM Research Group
Communicates with the analytics server, allowing it to track user interaction.
Handles communication with the analytics server, including initial login. Allows game developers to add analytics to their games without having to learn the exact protocol or message formats that the server expects. Can handle temporary disconnection, buffering messages until they can be delivered. Requires an analytics server to communicate with.
Provides a high-level library that game developers can integrate into their games to handle communications with the analytics server. Different platforms are supported:
- .NET (developed in C#, uses RAGE Component APIs)
- Unity (developed in C#, uses Unity APIs)
Address where the server can be found.
- player authentication details (if any) to send to the server during login (typically requesed from user at run-time)
- one or more calls to the
trackmethod describing what analytics should be sent to the server.
- handles analytics authentication on behalf of the game,
- sends correctly-formatted xAPI-SG traces to the server
- buffers analytics messages when the network fails; will retry sending once the connection is re-established.
Reported bugs will be fixed: Users can report bugs or issues and these will be fixed according to a certain periodic frequency.
Continued support for new versions of the OS and game engines: The authors of the component will update it in the future so it will work with newer versions of current operating systems and newer versions of the game engines that the component currently supports.
New features will be added according to the developer's roadmap: The development of this component is currently active and a set of planned features will be added in upcoming releases, according to the existing roadmap.
Apache 2.0 (Apache License 2.0)