Server-Side Interaction Storage and Analytics (Analytics Backend)
- Creator: Manuel Freire email , Iván Martínez-Ortiz email , Dan Christian Rotaru , Antonio Calvo Morata
- Publisher: Rage project
- Owner: e-UCM Research Group
Analytics back-end server
Provides a server that collects and analyzes the data sent from different tracking clients integrated into games; and allows programmatic access to configure analytics. Requires A2 and the Analytics Frontend to be useful.
Manages all the required services to perform analysis, providing an authenticated REST API to other RAGE components, most notably the Analytics Frontend. The module automatically registers itself to the A2 as an application, and defines several roles: Teacher, Developer and Student.
Reported bugs will be fixed: Users can report bugs or issues and these will be fixed according to a certain periodic frequency.
Continued support for new versions of the OS and game engines: The authors of the component will update it in the future so it will work with newer versions of current operating systems and newer versions of the game engines that the component currently supports.
New features will be added according to the developer's roadmap: The development of this component is currently active and a set of planned features will be added in upcoming releases, according to the existing roadmap.
The main services provided by this module are
- game management and analytics configuration (by developers)
- class and session management (requires teacher role)
- collection of telemetry from client-side trackers (intended for use by client trackers).
- retrieval of analytics (used by the front-end, but available to any authorized users)
Users are strongly recommended to use the all-in-one A2 Analytics Backend Analytics Frontend installation method described in https://github.com/e-ucm/rage-analytics.
See the project's documentation for details.
Apache 2.0 (Apache License 2.0)